- Tämä tapahtuma on mennyt.
The Little Red Dot Business Excursion, Singapore
12.03.2018 - 17.03.2018
“I have to say that this was one of the best ‘professional tourist’ trips that I have been on. The program was spot on. The social side also exceeded all my expectations. It was a great entrepreneur minded group, made up of wonderful people with whom one could definitely spend more time with.”
– Kim Weckström, Partner, Avaus Marketing Innovations, 2017 trip participant
BOARDMAN2020 ON THE LITTLE RED DOT – WHERE TRADITIONAL ASIA MEETS MODERN UTOPIA
Singapore may be a “Little Red Dot” at the equator, but in its 50 years of independence it has become the undeniable business hub of Southeast Asia. The city-state holds over $1bln of private market funds and another $1bln of public sector funds.
Our Singapore excursion is a unique opportunity to see behind the scenes of one of the world’s leading economies. We will dive into the investment landscape, startup ecosystem, market entry opportunities, corporate innovation scene and government initiatives of Singapore, and look at its role as the hub of the region.
We will meet both Finnish and local entrepreneurs and business professionals, investors, government officials and business leaders. We will network with the relevant ecosystem players and learn concrete lessons on various topics from setting up a business in Singapore to tax regimes in the region. The goal is to help understand the business environment of Singapore and Southeast Asia, and build new connections.
Time table (12.-17.3.2018)
- Group flights are as follow:
- Helsinki > Singapore: Sunday 11.3.2018, Flight departure at 23.55 PM, AY131 (land 12.3.2018)
- Singapore > Helsinki: Saturday 17.3.2018, Flight departure at 23.40 PM, AY132 (land 18.3.2018)
- Finnish (and other European) growth companies who will share their experiences
- Local experts within law, market entry, funding, company founding etc.
- Possible visits with governmental bodies which help growth companies in Singapore as well as with local accelerators and larger co working spaces.
- Meetings with interesting local companies
- Evening networking events: Possibly with the Finnish Business Council or at the ambassadors residence.
- Company visits and talks from for example: Google, SGInnovate, Wärtsilä, Mediacorp, Padang & Co, Unilever Foundry, Interpid Ventures, ADDO Ai, Golden Gate Ventures, PwC, Smartly, ConnectOne,
During the week you will learn about Southeast Asia digital landscape, investing in Southeast Asia, capital markets, tax environment, setting a business in Singapore and Singapore as a springboard for regional market expansion. The trips itinerary is built keeping in mind the participant’s needs and wishes and taking advantage of the contacts found within the Boardman network. The program includes visits in European and local growth companies, global corporations, start-up accelerators and VC’s as well as events and completely unique networking opportunities with local experts and professionals.
The program fee is 1,800€ + VAT (flights and accommodation not included) Boardman2020 members are entitiled to -20%
Please contact the Project Coordinator Anna Koponen: email@example.com or call 050 362 3655 with any questions you may have.
Mitä opin Singaporen ekskursiolla
“Laajentuminen Singaporeen on erittäin kiinnostava vaihtoehto suomalaiselle softafirmalle. Länsimaalaisimpana Kaakkois-Aasian keskittymänä se toimii myös hyvänä ponnahduslautana ja harjoituksena Aasian valloituksessa.”
>> Read Riku Malkki’s, RecRight’s CEO, blogpost on his experience from this years trip.