Finance Board’s aim is to help startup and growth entrepreneurs in understanding how to start building their funding strategy and to give a glance overview on the different funding opportunities available in Finland.
The event’s focus is on providing practical experiences from the facilitators’ and the participants’ own experiences through:
- Key notes on funding strategies and market views from senior level investors.
- Peer group learning through founder stories from angel funding to IPO growth.
- Increase understanding on the difference and value-add on both loan and equity based investment class: growth stage, investment terms and expected returns on different asset class.
In addition to the program, a lot of time has been set aside for networking both during and after the event.
The event is held in English and the registration fee is 85 EUR, which cover the events expenses. The event is co-organized with ArcticStartup, FINAC, FVCA, FIBAN, Helsinki Business Hub and brought to you together with our partners Marsh and Business Finland
We expect 200 startup & growth companies – welcome!
12.00-12.30 Registration opens
Part 1. Key Takeways on building a Funding Roadmap
12.30-12.40 Opening words by Päivi Kangasmäki, Founder BackedByCFO & Boardman2020
12.40 – 13.10 Key note: Teemu Kaltea, Value Group “My notes for an entrepreneur building the funding roadmap
13.10 – 13.40 Key note: Heikki Väänänen, CEO Happy or Not “Our roadmap to 14.5m A Round”
13.40 – 14.10 Key note: Mikael Thuneberg, Founder Supermetrics “From bootstrapping to 3.5m seed round”
14.10-15.00 Networking Break
Part 2. Reverse pitching: How to choose an investor to match your needs. Hosted by Jan Ameri, ArcticStartup
“FVCA’s new funding guide for companies in 2 min”, Pia Santavirta, FVCA
15.00 – 15.30 Differences between equity based investors, from Angel to VC
- Angel investors: Riku Asikainen, Saga Forss
- Family Offices: M&M Growth Partners
- VC funds: Vendep, Inventure, CapMan, OpenOcean, Ventech
15.30 – 15.45 Differences between the alternative funding sources
- Privanet, Invesdor, Kansalaisrahoitus, Fundu
15.45 – 16.00 How to leverage by bank loan and public funding
- Nordea, Tekes, Finnvera
16.00-16.30 Networking Break
Part 3. Chair Fire side chat Hosted by Ainomaija Haarla, Investor and Chairwoman
16.30-17.00 Ainomaija Haarla and Maija Itkonen, Gold&Green Foods: Angel investing and M&A with Paulig
17.00-19.00 Networking & Snacks
(We reserve the right for program and fee changes. The participation fee will be billed beforehand)